When applying for Federal Student Loans there are 4 major steps:
1. You must first create a FAFSA account and complete the FAFSA form on their website (FAFSA.ed.gov). To create an account you will need.
- Your Social Security Number
- Your Alien Registration Number (If you are not a citizen)
- Your federal income tax returns, W-2s, and any other records of earned money
- Bank statements and records of investments
- Records of untaxed income
- An FSA ID for electronic signature
2. Next You will receive a Financial Aid letter either from your school or directly from FAFSA, either through email or direct mail. Within this letter you will find how much financial aid you are awarded along sided how much is subsidized and unsubsidized.
3. Next reach out to your schools Financial Aid office to accept whatever student loan or aid you are elegible for.
4. Look over and officially sign the required paperwork.